Bluemont Fair Art Show and Sale
Call to Artists
The Bluemont Citizens Association invites you to participate in the 2019 Bluemont Fair Art Show & Sale. The Bluemont Fair is an old-fashioned country fair that has been drawing thousands of people for the past 50 years! One of our proud traditions is to show off the talented artists here in our area, and we would love for you to join us this year! Amateur and professional artist are encouraged to enter the show and sale.
Artist Entry Requirements:
- Artists will choose the price for each piece and will be paid 100% in the event of a sale. Please note that you can label a piece as NOT FOR SALE, if you wish to enter the show but choose not to sell your work. The show is non-juried.
- Artists shall be local. (In the case of overbooking, preference will be given to artists with a home or studio in western LoCo or Clarke County.)
- All wall-hanging art media will be accepted, as long as the content is “family friendly.”’
- Wall art must be ready to hang upon delivery, using the wire and screw style of hangers. We cannot hang “sawtooth” or “eyelet” style hangers.
- Please contact Kim Hurst via Kim [@] Atokaproperties.com for more details and a registration form. Suggested number of pieces is fewer than 10 small, 5 medium, or 3 large pieces. (We can adjust once we know how many participants we have.) Contact Kim for details if you would like to bring unframed prints to be sold from bins.
- Artists or their representatives will drop off artwork TBD at the Bluemont Community Center.
- All unsold artwork must be picked up on TBD, no exceptions please. Payments for sold artwork will be given to artists at this time unless the customer has contacted the artist directly to arrange credit card payment.
- Artists are asked to make a $40 donation to the Bluemont Citizens Association when artwork is dropped off on Thursday. Additionally, artists are asked to consider offering 2 hours of volunteer help some time during the weekend, if possible, and will be given free fair admission if they volunteer. Although the Bluemont Fair is a volunteer-led effort, volunteering is not required to participate as an artist. We just hope you will if you can!
Opportunity to Volunteer:
Artists making entries are encouraged to volunteer for a few hours during the weekend of the fair, especially Friday and Sunday. Your friends or family are welcomed to volunteer on your behalf. We are looking for volunteers to staff the sale in 2-hour time shifts while fair is open, plus helpers to set up and take down the displays late Friday and Sunday afternoons. You can sign up to volunteer using THIS LINK. All volunteers are given free admission to the Bluemont Fair and a discount coupon for a coveted Bluemont Fair shirt.