Bluemont Fair Pickle & Pie Contest
Each year the Bluemont Fair hosts its traditional Pickle & Pie Competition.
Bring us your tastiest pies, and your tangiest pickles! The contest is free. We welcome entries from anyone and everyone!
We have three judging categories:
3. Pies—All others (not fruit-based)
There is no fee to enter, and you may submit as many entries as you like. The winning entries win prizes crafted by local artisans!
Once judged, each pie is cut into slices and sold, with the proceeds being returned to the Fair. (We are sorry, but due to regulations, pickles cannot be distributed or sold.)
1. Please drop your entries upstairs at the E.E. Lake Store by 11am on the Saturday morning of the Fair. (The stairs going up are to the right of the main store doors.)
2. With your entry, include a label stating the type of pie or pickle you are submitting. Please include your contact name and phone number ON THE BOTTOM of your jar or dish, as judging will be blind.
3. Judging takes place at 12 noon on Saturday. The winners are announced before 1 pm at the E.E. Lake Store, and then the pie slices are immediately put up for sale at the Lake Store.
4. We ask that winners come to the Lake Store between 1 and 2 pm Saturday to pick up their prizes. Prizes and dishes can be collected downstairs in the main showroom of the EE Lake Store.
5. All contestants please pick up your pie plates at the Lake Store after 2 pm on Saturday or during Fair hours on Sunday. Prizes and dishes can be collected downstairs in the main showroom of the EE Lake Store.