“Vendor Insurance is required once your application is approved. Vendors must provide their own liability insurance, with an A- rated insurance company or better by A.M. Best & Co. A Certificate of Insurance (COI) from the vendor’s insurance company evidencing liability insurance coverage in an amount not less than One Million U.S. Dollars ($1,000,000.00) for any single occurrence and naming Bluemont Citizens Association k/a Bluemont Fair as both additional insured and certificate holder, coverage must be on a primary and noncontributory basis and waive subrogation in favor of Bluemont Citizens Association k/a Bluemont Fair. (Occurrence forms only; Claims Made policies or certificates will NOT be accepted.) Please provide this information to your insurance agent in advance so your COI will be issued correctly and in a timely matter.”
As soon as possible after your application has been approved, please ask your insurance provider for a Certificate of Liability Insurance (COI), showing proof of your coverage for our event. It needs to list the Bluemont Citizens Association as “Additional Insured” and “Certificate Holder”, at the following address:
Bluemont Citizens Association
PO Box 362
Bluemont, VA 20135
Please email your COI to: email@example.com, or send to the above PO Box.
If you don’t have existing coverage
Non-Food Vendors – We have partnered with ACT Insurance to offer a policy for the duration of the fair. We have negotiated a discount with Artist Crafters & Tradesmen (ACT) insurance for non-food liability coverage to offer a policy that covers you for the duration of the Fair..
- Visit ACT Insurance. This LINK takes you directly to the Bluemont Fair page on the ACT website. ACT policies cover artists, crafters, and tradesmen.
- As stated above, Bluemont Citizens Association will need to be designated as the Certificate Holder — this information will auto-populate.
- You will be asked for your ‘Area of Focus’, choose accordingly or click on ‘Other’ and fill-in the field that appears. Antiques and Flea Market vendors, click ‘Other’ and enter ‘Flea Market’.
- The start date will auto-populate to the current date. Please enter ‘9/15/2023’.
- At checkout, enter discount code ‘bluemont5‘ to receive a $5 discount. This brings the price of the policy to $44 to cover you for the duration of the Fair.
- If you regularly attend events, you might be interested in an annual policy.
- This is being offered as a courtesy to our vendors and exhibitors. Bluemont Citizens Association (Bluemont Fair) is not receiving any commission or reimbursements for making you aware of this coverage. You are welcome to get coverage from any other insurance provider.
Food Vendors are required to provide Bluemont Citizens Association (Bluemont Fair) proof of insurance, satisfying all the criteria listed above. If you need insurance for our event, consider FLIP. FLIP offers a low cost food liability policy, the details of which can be found here. Bluemont Citizens Association is not receiving any commission or reimbursements for making you aware of this coverage. You are welcome to get coverage from any other insurance provider.
Bluemont Citizens Association Treasurer