Bluemont Fair Art Show and Sale
Call to Artists
One of the highlights of the Bluemont Fair is our Art Show & Sale. Visitors enjoy spending time upstairs in the air conditioned Bluemont Community Center, selecting art displayed in a spacious room lined with large windows that give excellent natural light. We are proud to support the many talented artists in our area, and would love for you to join us in displaying your art for sale! Both amateur and professional artists are encouraged to enter the Bluemont Fair Art Show & Sale.
Artist Entry Requirements:
- Artists will choose the price for each piece and will be paid 100% in the event of a sale. Please note that you can label a piece as NOT FOR SALE, if you wish to enter the show but choose not to sell your work. The show is non-juried.
- Artists shall be local. (In the case of overbooking, preference will be given to artists with a home or studio in western LoCo or Clarke County.)
- All wall-hanging art media will be accepted, as long as the content is “family friendly.”’
- Wall art must be ready to hang upon delivery, using the wire and screw style of hangers. We cannot hang “sawtooth” or “eyelet” style hangers.
- Please contact Jordan Edwards via BluemontFairArtSale [@] gmail.com for more details and a registration form. Suggested number of pieces is fewer than 10 small, 5 medium, or 3 large pieces. (We can adjust once we know how many participants we have.) Contact Jordan for details if you would like to bring unframed prints to be sold from bins.
- Artists, or their representatives, will drop off artwork on Thursday, September 16th, between 5:30 pm and 8:00pm at the EE Lake Store Upstairs.
- All unsold artwork must be picked up on Sunday, September, 19th between 5:30-6:30pm; no exceptions please. Artists will be given any cash or check sales made at that time. If a credit card payment was received, artists will be mailed a check.
- Artists are asked to make a $40 donation to the Bluemont Citizens Association when artwork is dropped off on Thursday. Additionally, artists are asked to offer 2 hours of volunteer help some time during the weekend and will be given free fair admission if they volunteer.
Opportunity to Volunteer:
Artists making entries are encouraged to volunteer for a few hours during the weekend of the fair, especially Friday and Sunday. Your friends or family are welcomed to volunteer on your behalf. We are looking for volunteers to staff the sale in 2-hour time shifts while fair is open, plus helpers to set up and take down the displays late Friday and Sunday afternoons. You can sign up to volunteer using THIS LINK. All volunteers are given free admission to the Bluemont Fair and a discount coupon for a coveted Bluemont Fair shirt.